Stuff I’ve Been Reading: September 2013 Edition
- The Thief by Turner, Megan Whalen
- The Queen of Attolia by Turner, Megan Whalen
- The King of Attolia by Turner, Megan Whalen
- A Consipracy of Kings by Turner, Megan Whalen
- Speaking from Among the Bones by Bradley, Alan*
- Night Film by Pessl, Marisha
- Gaudy Night by Sayers, Dorothy L.
- Beast by Napoli, Donna Jo*
- Shift by Howey, Hugh
- The Lord of Opium by Farmer, Nancy
- Silesian Station by Downing, David
Italics indicate library books, asterisks indicate audiobooks, and I did not finish reading numbers six, eight, or eleven.
Of the remainder, my rereading of Turner’s brilliant series about Eugenides was easily my favorite. Gaudy Night was a noted enjoyable second place. But the four second-books I read (Night Film second book written after Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Shift the sequel to Wool, The Lord of Opium the sequel to The House of the Scorpion, and Silesian Station the sequel to Zoo Station) were all disappointments in one way or another.
And although I’m starting off October with another second book, Rose Under Fire, sequel to Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth E. Wein, I have higher hopes for this month’s books.